Search This Blog

Friday 8 August 2008

Ryan Tubridy at the Galway Races


Ryan Tubridy on his first visit to the Galway Races:

"I come to Galway all the time on my holidays. I stop in and get my books and other nerdy materials and head out to Clifden. But I've never been to the races. So this is the first time.

I was invited down by a few people and I thought: 'Okay, I've got time off and I'm gonna go.' And it's been great.

Jeepers, I'm being honest with you and I'm not going to lie to you - horses ... smorses. I'm just here to have a look and a few scoops. I haven't had them yet. I'm looking forward to them now in a second. It's nearly beer o'clock ... Twenty to .... And then I'll get stuck in and have good fun.

I mean the social life is great. I've spent an hour and a half, I'd say, wandering around and just talking to people all afternoon. It's been great.

I was at Punchestown for the first time recently. It was lovely. It was fine but (Galway's) a different planet. Different league. I mean here the women are spectacular. The guys look well too. And the beer is flowing - it's not messy. And if you don't want to do the horses you can do other stuff. It's great."


You can watch this Ryan Tubridy at the Galway Races interview on Youtube by clicking on Ryan Tubridy on Youtube.

No comments: